Questions on vacations matters this week.
1) What mode of transportation do you prefer for vacation: a) car, b) bus, c) train, d) cruise ship, e) airplane, f) other?
Car, if you can get there in a day, otherwise airplane. That said, I’ve been on three cruises and enjoyed them a lot. The high rate of sickness on cruise ships is off-putting, though.
2) What baggage strategy do you use when flying: a) carry-on only, b) gate check excess bags, c) check baggage, d) ship bags ahead, e) other?
We just go ahead and check a bag, usually one huge shared bag.
3) What is your accommodation strategy: a) luxury hotel, b) bed and breakfast c) cheap hotel/motel, d) stay with family/friends, e) camping or RV, e) other?
Most of our recent travel has been to see family, so we’re usually either staying with them or looking for a not-very-expensive hotel. We stayed in a B&B once, and I’d do that again in a minute.
4) What world-famous places have you visited on vacation? These can be commercial tourist attractions (Disney World), museums (The Louvre), historic places (Gettysburg), natural wonders (Yellowstone, Yosemite), or anything else?
We live near NYC, so a large percentage of our famous places visits have not be on vacation trips. In fact, one of the most famous public spaces in the US is hard to avoid: Grand Central Terminal.
We’ve been to Disney World (Orlando). Also to many New England staples such as Mystic Seaport, Sturbridge Village, and Plymouth Plantation. We’ve seen many of the famous locations in Boston (e.g. Old North Church, Paul Revere’s House.) Speaking of houses, we’ve been to the Betsy Ross House in Philly.
Although we have family near LA, we have not done the sights there, except for a recent visit to the La Brea Tar Pits.
5) Where do you really, really want to go someday?
I really can’t think of any place I would go to great visit just to see.
6) What you would you like to go back to see again?
Maine. My family vacationed there when I was a kid, I went to college there, and we honeymooned there.
Bonus: Have you ever had sex with someone you just met while on vacation? Tell us about it.
Boy, could I tell you story! But it would be a tall tale since nothing like that ever happened to me. (OTOH, the possibility of a piece of tall tail has me excited.)
Bonus, Bonus: While vacationing, have you ever had sex in a moving car, bus, train, or airplane?
Gosh, but these questions, or perhaps I should say these answers, make me sound very dull. Whatever, no moving violations for me. (Thank you, Woody Allen.)