I send batches of questions to Hedone. She always claims to like them. Makes me feel useful. Now, I wonder, do I have any answers.
1) Have you ever been sexiled? (To be sexiled is to be denied the use of your room, usually dorm room, because someone is having sex there.)
I think not. Undergraduate sex was not as publicly acknowledged back in my day. And I had a private bedroom for each of the last two years.
2) Were you ever hit on (propositioned) by a someone in your circle of friends who knew you were in a relationship with someone else?
I was never hit on, period, full stop.
3) Did you ever date someone for sex only, i.e. in hopes of a 1-night stand?
I did get myself fixed up for dates mostly in the hope of some kind of stimulation, but it stopped short of “all the way”.
4) Were you ever involved in a regrettable sexual incident where alcohol or drugs were involved?
No. My alcohol-fueled regrettable incidents went in other directions.
5) Did you ever see a porn movie in an actual movie theater? Did you ever see porn on home movie (8mm) before the age of videotape?
Why, yes I did. First on 8mm, and later in a theater. The homemade blue movies were somewhat sordid, but the big screen was dazzling. I bet you can getting a similar rush sitting close to your HD-TV, but we’ve lost the scarcity value.
And now, an aside, brought to you by the Department of Really Bad Predictions. Back at the beginning of VHS, maybe a year after rental shops started opening up, some person suggested to me that people would stop making porn because “there were already a couple thousand porn titles, and how many do you need?” Good question. More than 2K.
6) Did you ever discuss the prowess of a sex partner with a friend? Did the friend also have a history with the same person?
No. I asked this question because, in my very limited experience, it doesn’t happen in real life as much as it happens in fiction, and I mean all kinds of fiction: books, movies, TV, etc.
Bonus: Many heterosexuals ‘experiment’ in college by having their first same-sex encounter? If you are heterosexual did you have your first same-sex sexual experience in college? Did you like it? What did you do? Are you still hetero-flexible or did you become bisexual?
I was having enough angst over “experimenting” with other-sex couples; same-sex was out of the question.
Note: Bonus question provided by Hedone.
Click on image below for more information on TMI Tuesday.